Our Arts and Design KS5 encourages students to develop intellectual, imaginative and intuitive capabilities as well as learn fint arts, web/app development, 3d design..
Art and Design KS5
Art and Design KS5
Objectives and aims:
Our Art and Design KS5 solution meets the needs to develop understanding, skills and knowledge required for students at KS5 level. We incorporate fun and intriguing technologies to teach some of the toughest design and technology concepts. It helps students to develop intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities. Student develops investigative, analytical, experimental, practical and expressive skills and critical judgement. Student develop appreciation of different roles, functions, audiences and consumers of art, craft and design.
It helps to develop practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of:
- relevant materials, processes, technologies and resources
- how ideas, feelings and meanings can be conveyed and interpreted in images and artefacts
- how images and artefacts relate to the time and place in which they were made and to their social and cultural contexts
- continuity and change in different genres, styles and traditions
- working vocabulary and specialist terminology
- record experiences and observations, in a variety of ways using drawing or other appropriate visual forms; undertake research; and gather, select and organise visual and other appropriate information
- explore relevant resources; analyse, discuss and evaluate images, objects and artefacts; and make and record independent judgements
- use knowledge and understanding of the work of others to develop and extend thinking and inform own work
- generate and explore potential lines of enquiry using appropriate media and techniques
- apply knowledge and understanding in making images and artefacts; review and modify work; and plan and develop ideas in the light of their own and others’ evaluations
- organise, select and communicate ideas, solutions and responses, and present them in a range of visual, tactile and/or sensory forms
Arts and Design KS5 Contents:
- Art, craft and design: Exploring practical and critical/contextual work through a range of
2D and/or 3D processes and media.
- Art and design (fine art): for example painting, drawing, mixed-media sculpture,
ceramics, installation, printmaking and photography.
- Art and design (critical and contextual studies): for example areas of study across art, craft and design
- Art and design (textile design): for example fashion, printed and/or dyed fabrics, constructed textiles and installed textiles and digital textiles
- Art and design (graphic communication): for example illustration, web and app design, advertising, packaging, design for print, multimedia, animation and game design.
- Art and design (three-dimensional design): for example jewellery, body ornament, ceramics, theatre design, exhibition design, film-set design, interior design, product and/or environmental design, architectural design and 3D digital design.
- Art and design (photography): for example portraiture, landscape photography, still life, documentary, photojournalism, fashion photography, experimental imagery, photographic installation and moving image (video, film, animation).