fbpx
What are your feelings about buying expensive pieces of art?2018-08-04T10:09:14+01:00

Ioteach (home) Forums Arts What are your feelings about buying expensive pieces of art?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I like many different kinds of art and I try to buy art pieces every now and then. I buy small, inexpensive items from craft stores, or street fairs, that type of thing. I’m kind of torn in thought as to whether I would buy something really expensive if I had the means to do so. What are your thoughts about this? First of all, do you buy art? Some people aren’t into art at all, and that’s fine, but if you are into art, do you buy, and if so, what do you buy? Would you be willing to spend a large amount of money on an art piece if you had the money ‘to spare’?

I don’t know. I mean, I guess certain pieces are worth the prices they command, but on the other hand, I just marvel that anyone would pay $10 (ten) let alone thousands and thousands of dollars for certain pieces of art. To each his own.

K Waris

• Michael PetersMichael Peters
      Participant

The only art I buy are keychains from the places I’ve visited. I don’t have a budget for an artwork and much less a space to display it. For me, the keychains are somewhat of an art because the makers showcase their place in a very small item.

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

The only art I buy are keychains from the places I’ve visited. I don’t have a budget for an artwork and much less a space to display it. For me, the keychains are somewhat of an art because the makers showcase their place in a very small item.

Buying keychains from places you’ve visited is a great idea. You can carry them around with you to remind you of your travels. I love that!

I like keychains too, and I find that if I don’t reign myself in that I’ll buy one every chance I get, not from any far away travels though, just from local places like grocery stores, gas stations, coffee places. My keychain where I keep my house and car keys is almost ridiculous. I’ve got all sorts of different keychains connected to, and hanging from, each other. It’s not too over  the top, buy one can tell I’m definitely a collector.

I don’t really have much wiggle room in my budget for art, but that’s why I tend to buy from craft stores, art fairs, places like that. Plus, I make my own art, so that helps. My house has an eclectic mix of pieces, but nothing extra expensive.

K Waris

• Penelope ScrivensPenelope Scrivens
      Participant

I have never had enough of a budget to justify buying really expensive pieces of art. The only pictures and such I have hanging are prints that I have purchased from craft stores. To each their own, but I don’t think I would spend that kind of money on art even if I had it.

Keymaster

If I had the money, I would like to have some nice pieces of art in my home. I also like the idea of supporting the artist by paying them a good price for their work.

However, I think that for major artworks, such as those by Van Gogh, Renoir, and so on, these are best displayed in a public art gallery where everyone can see them.

K Waris

Keymaster

Well, like some of the others I have never had enough financial means to be a collector of any kind of art. I do think it would be nice to be able to afford some really beautiful art one day though. I imagine if you pick the right artist it could be a very good investment.

K Waris

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top