fbpx
Research in mathematics2018-09-10T11:13:11+01:00

Ioteach (home) Forums Mathematics Research in mathematics

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

We probably haven’t fully understood how genes and the proteins work in our body, but mathematic formulas have a clear concept since its invention. Does it mean that we don’t have new theories to find and should focus on the applied math instead?

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

There will always be new theories in any field of study so long as humans remain inquisitive. Like what Socrates said, “The more I know, the more I realize I know nothing”.

K Waris

• Matthew KozakMatthew Kozak
      Participant

We may have a long way to go, but I think we’re doing great this far. I didn’t find any topic in mathematics we haven’t explored, but there might be some life situations that we couldn’t solve yet because we didn’t have the formula.

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

I’m sure there are many formulas out there yet to be discovered. Since the human brain is always learning, people have the ability to create new things, and put different ideas into practice. I was watching a documentary a couple of years ago about a man who discovered some sort of mathematical theory. There were write ups about it, he won an award, was awarded a monetary prize. I think math is infinite, and the future discoveries can be endless.

K Waris

• Michael PetersMichael Peters
      Participant

Mathematics is infinite indeed. We are just scratching the surface of relativity in physics. When we understood properly about this branch of mathematics (and science), then it will be possible for us to travel at warp speed.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top