fbpx
Modern Art2018-09-09T17:08:04+01:00

Ioteach (home) Forums Arts Modern Art

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

There are many painters today that proclaim themselves as free artists. They paint something without the traditional rules that the classical painters used. It might seem radical for many, but for me, it is not an art without following any rules at all.

K Waris

• Matthew KozakMatthew Kozak
      Participant

Art is very subjective in the first place. Even the most freestyle creation reflects its author’s ideas. I don’t think we can say it’s anybody’s fault.

Do you have examples of those radical paintings? I’d love to learn more as we compare them to the existing styles.

• Michael PetersMichael Peters
      Participant

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no specific rule that we should follow to consider something to be an art. A simple stone on the road could just be a plain stone or it could be worth millions of dollars depending on the person who sees it.

• Penelope ScrivensPenelope Scrivens
      Participant

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder and there are many modern art pieces that I just don’t get. I don’t think that artists should feel like they have to follow rules when they are creating something though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top