fbpx
Arts in Amsterdam2018-07-18T23:13:26+01:00

Ioteach (home) Forums Arts Arts in Amsterdam

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am thinking of taking a trip to Amsterdam, particularly to take in all things artistic that the city has to offer. I plan to see the Rijksmuseum, the Rembrandt Museum and the Van Gogh Museum. Does anyone have any recommendations of other important places to visit that are art related?

K Waris

• S BeckS Beck
      Participant

Well, there is always the Amsterdam Museum. It’s in the building that used to be the city orphanage. Their website isn’t loading for me so I don’t know how much it costs but, personally, I would go there first.

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

Off-hand I’m not familiar with places to go in Amsterdam so I had to look it up online, and a couple of places piqued my interest. I would definitely go to the museums that you talked about, I mean you almost have to go to those if you’re interested in seeing art in Amsterdam. I wouldn’t mind going to the Museum Van Loon. It looks really beautiful in pictures and seems like it has a variety of things for you to look at once you get there. I would also recommend going to the Hermitage Amsterdam since it says its on the waterfront. I bet it looks beautiful there at night. Lastly, the Royal Palace of Amsterdam also seems like a must-see. I’m sure it contains all sorts of spectacular art pieces and beautiful paintings throughout.

K Waris

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

Thankyou, S. Beck, for the recommendation of the Amsterdam Museum in what was once the city orphanage – how amazing that their uniforms used to be each half in two different colours.

Also, thankyou for your recommendations, Winnie, particularly the Museum Van Loon – I am surprised that I did not have that already on my list.

I will also save some time to go and eat waffles with fruit and cream, and I will also go for a trip on the canals by boat.

K Waris

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top