fbpx
Art Aided by Neural Networks2018-07-27T16:00:56+01:00

Ioteach (home) Forums Arts Art Aided by Neural Networks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Is there any type of advancement in technology you’re looking forward to that will help art in any way? I’m always looking forward to what the future has to bring to the table for the arts in general. Here recently I’ve been thinking of programs like pix2pix, and watching videos that detail research that goes into using neural networks to aid in image editing. It got me thinking about how machine learning and art can come together to enhance the creative experience.

Music has already come a very long way, with software that can sound nearly identical to live performances; but art, comparatively, has not progressed as far in terms of programs built for creators. I look forward to the day when something like the look of watercolor or oil painting is faithfully and easily replicated via tools accessible to the public.

K Waris

• Khurram Wariskhurram waris
      Keymaster

Hi Winnie – I have just looked up pix2pix and it definitely creates some weird images!

I am very interested in how deep learning and neural networks might be used to create some interesting art. I have seen some algorithms that can be used to take an image and then make it look like it was painted by Van Gogh. This totally fascinates me, and I would like to know more about it.

K Waris

• S BeckS Beck
      Participant

Theoretically, a person could do this to make the Mona Lisa painting with a different background. Maybe put some sun in there with the accomodating shadows…….the sky is the limit with this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top